“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” ~ Dr. Seuss
- The agenda should be intitialed every night and returned to school each day.
- Students should be reading every night. In their agenda is a reading log to be filled out. Return completed reading logs and earn golden buttons!
- Parents should help their children with fluency and reading comprehension.
- Reading Strategies - to help solve words while reading
- Students should also be practicing their sight words. Students are expected to know the first 70 by March.
Language Arts - Our class is working towards using our alphabet and sight word knowledge to become better readers and writers.
Math - Our main focus is building our number sense with numbers up to 100. We will apply this number sense to all other areas of mathematics, such as, addition, subtraction, measurement, patterns and shapes.
Science - We are currently working on the "Five Senses" unit.
Social - This year our focus is to learn about our community and compare it to other communities. Currently, we are studying our own personal community.